The city of Trento
Formerly called Tridentum, the city of Trento boasts a long and fascinating history.
Discover it through this itinerary, which take you around the different eras that the city has seen.
- Underground archaeological area of S.A.S.S. – free with Trento Card. . A very interesting underground Roman archaeological site in the heart of Trento, precious testimony of the ancient Roman Tridentum.
- Bounconsiglio castle – 50% discount with Trento Card. A splendid manor dating back to around 1200, which, during the centuries, has continued to be enlarged and enriched with works of art. Particularly interesting are the frescoes that decorate some of the rooms.
- Muse – 50% discount with Trento Card. The contemporary Trento takes shape in this avant-garde science museum, housed in an equally futuristic building by Renzo Piano. An unmissable attraction especially for children.
All year round
Distance 12 km, 20 minutes
Once in Trento, we recommend parking at the Muse or at the Piazza Fiera car park. From there you can reach the attractions indicated on foot or by public transport.
The NP bus takes you from Via San Severino (Muse) to Via Verdi, from where you will reach Piazza Duomo by foot in a few minutes.
– The entire walk from the Muse to the Castello del Buonconsiglio (in red on the map) is 1.8 km long. Along the way you will meet most of the places of interest in Trento, including Piazza Duomo.
– Alternatively, you can choose to take the NP bus, shortening your journey considerably.